Home Remedies For Canker Sores
- The simplest Ayurvedic solution to canker sores is local application of turmeric and honey. Mix together 1 teaspoon honey with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, and rub it on the sore. It will burn a little at first, but the sore area will heal quickly.
- Rinse your mouth several times a day with a little Aloe Vera Gel juice.
- Mixing Aloe vera Juice Gel with neem powder is helpful. Use 1 teaspoon of gel with a pinch of neem powder, mix together, and apply directly to the canker sore.
- Put 10 drops of tea tree oil in 1/3 cup of water, and swish the liquid in your mouth. The mild solution will act as an antiseptic to help prevent secondary infection, and it will also help to heal the sore.
- Drink non sweetened Chamomile tea all day and don’t eat any solid food.
- Rinse your mouth with plum juice for 2-3 minutes.
- Crush the leaves of the Indian plum (jambula). Give off their paste in water and gargle with this water.
- Gargling with the water of the adulsa (Justicia adhadota) also brings about an instant relief from the mouth ulcer pains.
- Mix the skin of a lemon. Grind them into a very well paste. Apply this straightly on the ulcer.
- Take two to three leaves of the guava tree and a number of catechu. Chew them together. They will heal even the most persistent of ulcers within a few days.
- Mix some catechu in water till it gets a pasty steadiness and apply this paste on the ulcers.
- Drink tomato juice or eat tomatoes.
- Apply raw onion on the ulcer.
- Pour half a liter of boiling water on 2 tablespoonful of Marjoram cover; wait for 10 minutes and gurgle. Repeat 3-4 times daily.